The TrueTrainer Shift and Max models come with virtual gears. The Base model does not have virtual gears included.
Important! To use virtual gears it is important to select your physical gears. The TrueTrainer has an algorithm that can determine on which cog you are riding at the moment. This algorithm however does need a number of revolutions before it does know the cog you are riding on at the moment. When you define your physical gearset, the TrueTrainer can detect faster on what cog your are, because it already knows what options are available. Therefor it can apply the correct virtual gear faster.
Tip! Because the algorithm works best with consistent revolutions, virtual gears work best above a cadence of 60 and a wattage of 100.
Tip! Do not change gears to wild, because this makes the measurements inaccurate and determine the cog you are at.
Installing your virtual gears:
To use virtual gears you will need:
Apply physical gears:
- Log in with your TrueKinetix app or go to the webpage
- Go to 'Bikes'
- Create a new bike
- Select your physical gears first:
- Your crankset is on your own bike. You will need to check which cogs are used. You can find this by checking each individual cog. Normally there is a number on each cog that indicates the number of teeth. Make sure you fill in the exact number of teeth of each cog.
- The cassette you find on the TrueTrainer. When you use a TrueKinetix cassette, you can easily select the 8-, 9-, 10-, 11-, or 12-speed cassette from the dropdown. This will automatically generate the correct cogs in the field below. If you use your own cassette, you will need to check which cogs the cassette consists of yourself
Important! When you forget to enter a cog, or you fill it in incorrectly, the mapping of the virtual gears will be applied wrong. This can result in derailing or unwanted behaviour. It is important that you fill it in correctly.
- Now choose your virtual gearset, you will be redirected to the shop, where you can log in to select any virtual gearsets
- Apply virtual gearset and add them to your profile
- And / or select your virtual gearsets that you already added earlier from the dropdown
- Click 'Save' to apply your settings
- Click the name of the bike in the bike overview, to select the bike and apply it on your TrueTrainer
Important! Your virtual gearset needs to comply with your physical gearset.