Base models come without a cassette. Shift and Max models come with a pre-installed cassette.
This article explains the installation and removal of the TrueKinetix cassette from the body. The body is the part that holds the cassette. Racing bikes and MTB's use different systems.
- Shimano/Sram Hyperglyde (HG): Racefiets en MTB
- Shimano MicroSpline: MTB
- Campagnolo: Racefiets
- Sram XD: MTB
- Sram XDR: Racefiets
TrueKinetix bodies are similar to Shimano/Sram Hyperglyde (HG) bodies and therefor compatible with cassettes which have the same splines.
Attention! For a 8-, 9- & 10-speed cassette a 1.8mm spacer is required. The TrueKinetix body is wider then a normal 8-, 9- & 10-speed racing bike body.
- Chain whip
- Lockring tool
- Wrench 17mm (thru axle)
- Alan key 5mm (quick release)
Removal of the cassette
- Remove the bike from the TrueTrainer and when using a quick release, remove the quick release axle
- Remove Adapter A or B. When using a quick release you will need a 5mm Alan key to unscrew the Adapter. When using a thru axle, you will need a 17mm wrench
- Place the chain whip on the biggest cog of the cassette. Make sure the whole chain is on one single cog and place the chain in the counter-clockwise direction
- Place the lockring tool and turn remover counter-clockwise, while holding the chain whip
- Unscrew the lockring till it's loose
- Remove the cassette from the freehub body
- Clean the freehub body, before installing a new cassette
Install a cassette
- Inspect splines of freehub body. Look for a wide space between splines
- Inspect internal splines of cogs. Look for a wide spline to mate with wide space in freehub body
- Attention! Install a 1.8mm spacer for a 8-,9-,10-speed cassette. Place the 1.8mm spacer first. Make sure the spaces of the spacer are at the inside, direction of the cassette. So that the parts that stick out of the cassette fit in the open space.
- Align splines and engage all cogs
- Grease threads of lockring and thread lockring into the freehub
- Install cassette using the lockring tool
- Place the chain-whip, with the chain in the clockwise direction, turn remover clockwise until lockring is tight, at least 40Nm. Check lockring for instructions
- Install Adapter A (quick release) or Adapter B (thru axle)